Lincoln Charter School obtained its charter in 1997 and has three campus locations in Lincoln County.
The Lincolnton Campus is a K-8 program and the Denver Campus consists of our K-5 program and our new 6-12 program.
As parents concerned with our children's education, we come from several counties to form a school where our students and their education are the priority. This includes:
- High standards for conduct and academics utilizing the North Carolina College-Prep curriculum
- Certified and well trained teachers who know each child and their strengths
- A parent-elected school board, consisting of business and community leaders
- An active high school and middle school sports program including cheerleading, soccer, swimming, tennis, basketball, baseball, softball, cross country and golf
- After school activities
- Required volunteer hours for middle and high school students
- Required volunteer hours for parents - ensuring parental involvement
- Dual college enrollment earning college credits
- Online distant learning
Core Knowledge complements a skills-based curriculum, such as the North Carolina Standard Course of Study, by providing carefully sequenced and challenging knowledge in which to ground skills instruction.